Mr. B.P. Wadia (1881-1958)
An Editorial Note:
A few months before his death, Mr. Dallas TenBroeck
(1922-2006) sent CD copies of his theosophical files to some
theosophists around the world. The following text reproduces
from these files his biographical notes on Mr. B. P. Wadia. We
do not include here the “Bibliography of Books and Articles by
B.P. Wadia”, which was the last Addendum at the end of the
text. We made small editorial adjustments in order to make the
reading easier in the case of abbreviations and similar instances.
(Carlos Cardoso Aveline)
1881 - 1903
Bahman Pestonji Wadia was born on October 8th 1881, the eldest son of Pestonji Cursetji Wadia and his wife Mithabai. The Wadia family was originally from Siganpore, near Surat, some 230 miles north of Bombay. They were famed as shipbuilders. The frigate TRINCOMALEE, renamed “FOUDROYANT” which they built, is still preserved in Portsmouth harbor. The British government, in part payment and recognition of their services, deeded large tracts of coastal lands north of Juhu on Salsette Island immediately north of Bombay, to the Wadia family.
In September 2016, after a careful analysis of the state of the esoteric movement worldwide, a group of students decided to form the Independent Lodge of Theosophists, whose priorities include the building of a better future in the different dimensions of life.
E-Theosophy e-group offers a regular study of the classic, intercultural theosophy taught by Helena P. Blavatsky (photo).